Maritime Investment Sites South West UK
There are a great variety of well supported, high-quality marine and maritime investment sites in the South West of the UK. Marine and maritime companies looking to invest, grow or relocate benefit from exciting new development sites across the south west.
The area is home to several marine and maritime and Ocean Science focussed Enterprise Zones which bring with them a range of financial and service and incentives.
The South West is also home to a number of leading science and innovation parks all of which are well networked to research and business via Maritime UK South West.
Click here for a printable document showing Maritime Investment sites South West UK – Ports and Harbours
Maritime Investment sites South West UK – Ports and Harbours
The South West is home to the highest concentration of ports and harbours in the UK many of whom will provide waterside maritime investment sites. The Largest are listed below but for further information and contacts for all of them visit the South West Regional Ports Association (SWRPA) website.
Click to edit
Falmouth Harbour Website
With the deepest natural harbour in Western Europe and a well established marine supply chain, Falmouth is well positioned to continue as an active and leading port for offshore renewables.
Plymouth is a centre for naval engineering much of which is focused around the Devonport Royal Dockyard – the largest naval base and dockyard in western Europe.
Port of Poole provides services including conventional and containerised (TEU & FEU) freight handling, cross-channel ferry services, cargo forwarding and storage.
The development of the South Quay which will be completed early 2018, will enable the port to see 40-50 cruise ships a year and could mean that luxury Sunseeker yachts could be exported from the port instead of having to be taken to Southampton.
Poole Harbour is the largest pacific oyster production area in England and one of the most popular angling destinations in the country.
Portland Port is home to Global Marine, subsea installation and maintenance; and an extensive Defence activity in connection with the Royal Fleet Auxiliary, the Royal Marines/RM Poole; Atlas Elektronik UK and associated trials; and QinetiQ amongst others; and benefits from:
- Protected deep water harbour
- 24hrs deep water access
- Safe anchorage zone outside the harbour
- International refueling station run by Portland Bunkers UK
- Recent berth extensions mean that the Port can accommodate cruise ships up to 340 metres in length alongside and cargo vessels up to Panamax size alongside.
Maritime UK South West can provide maritime specific support for investors who are interested in and also provide introductions to local investment teams who will have specific local knowledge of maritime investment sites in the South West of the UK.
Please find links to investment support organisations across the South West.
- Cornwall http://www.investincornwall.com/
- Devon https://www.investdevon.co.uk/
- Dorset http://dorsetlep.co.uk/invest-in-dorset/
- Exeter https://exeter.gov.uk/business/
- Heart of the South West investheartsw.org.uk
- North Devon investnorthdevon.com
- Plymouth http://sites.visitplymouth.co.uk/invest
- Somerset http://www.intosomerset.co.uk/
- Torbay http://www.investintorbay.com/key-industries/marine-industries-research/