Innovative, ambitious businesses can benefit from the facilities and expertise provided by Offshore Renewable Energy (ORE) Catapult to transform great ideas into valuable products and services.
Innovate UK EDGE can offer industry applicants with a suitable project a grant for 100% of eligible costs to a maximum of £15,000 to work with ORE Catapult.
Businesses that are looking to grow & scale through innovation can use this grant funding to access ORE Catapult to:
- Explore and test new product ideas
- Seek technical expertise and specialist sector knowledge
- Gain advice on regulatory and government processes as well as access networks of customers, services and funders
- Receive sector-specific expert advice and support with market analysis; cost modelling; business‐case support; creation of industry‐relevant R&D project plans
- Identify opportunities for R&D, collaboration, and partnership building
- Receive support to commercialise their innovation, including improving efficiency, making their business operations more sustainable, or investigating market gaps.
Businesses must be a UK-registered, trading company, with up to 500 employees (250 in Northern Ireland). The grant funding provided to the business will be under Minimal Financial Assistance or De minimis. The maximum value of ‘Minimal Financial Assistance’ allowed per 3 year rolling period under the ‘UK Subsidy Control Bill’ is £315,000. The ‘De minimis’ regulation, which has similar characteristics, but a maximum value of €200,000, remains effective for any awards to enterprises governed by the Northern Ireland Protocol (NIP) or based within the EU.
For further information contact: email@example.com