The South West is perfectly positioned to develop novel, innovative aquaculture and agri-tech businesses. The existing cluster draws on extensive experience across marine and freshwater cultivation with support from world leading research institutes and UK government agencies.
The industry is supported by the South West Aquaculture Network (SWAN) and strengthened by the unique mix of good water quality, advanced marine engineering and political drive for success.
The Dorset Mariculture Strategy and SWAN provide industry with key development and collaboration opportunities to grow the sector holistically, providing food security and contributing to the UK Government’s commitment to Net-Zero Carbon by 2050.
SWAN members meet quarterly (currently online Zoom meetings).
SWAN Meeting Information
19th January 2021 – Minutes & Presentations
- SWAN Meeting Minutes 19Jan2021
- Seafood 2040 Update Jan21
- Innovate UK Update SWAN Jan 21
- EDGE UK SWAN Jan 21
- Argi-EPI SWAN Jan 2021
20th October 2020 – Minutes & Presentations
- SWAN Minutes 20Oct2020
- Neil Auchterlonie – Seafood2040 Oct 2020
- Digby Sowerby – 5G Rural Dorset Oct 2020
- Chris Lyons – Innovate UK Update Oct 2020
- Introduction to Agrimetrics – Anna Woodley Oct 2020
21st July 2020 – Minutes & Presentations
- SWAN Minutes 21July2020
- Oliver Symons – Kingston Maurward College Jul 2020
- Poseidon – English Aquaculture Strategy July 2020
- UK Trout Overview July 2020
- Kim Cullen – Seafood 2040 July 2020
19th February 2020 – Minutes
SWAN Contact details
To find out more about SWAN or to join the Network please contact: –
Martin Sutcliffe – SWAN Chair
Dorset Aquaculture & Fisheries Development Officer, Dorset Coast Forum
Joanna Rufus – SWAN Secretariat
Inward Investment, Economic Growth and Regeneration. Dorset Council