Online Meeting: Road to Net Zero Roadshow – Focus on the South West
Monday 14 December 2020
16:00 to 18:00
The first in a series of ‘Road to Net Zero Roadshow’ events will start on Monday 14 December 2020 with a specific focus on the South West of England. Maritime UK, its regional cluster organisation in the area, Maritime UK South West and national trade association members will draw together a range of industry presentations to brief key stakeholders on projects relating to maritime decarbonisation specifically in this part of the country.
The event will showcase the world class marine technology on offer in the South West and put the national focus on maritime decarbonisation into a local context and offer a powerful demonstration of existing innovation and future opportunities which are being developed across the region.
The event will cover
- The £64 Million Floating Offshore Wind Accelerator Strength In Places bid
- The Future Oceans Institute an ambitious £240 million programme of investment in low carbon maritime and autonomous systems.
- The creation of a National Aquaculture Innovation Centre and Pre-Consented Zones.
Already confirmed to attend and present at the roadshow are:
- Andy Hurley, Project Manager, Plymouth Boat Trips
- Martin Boulter, Programme Lead Marine Engineering/Naval Architecture, City College Plymouth
- Andrew Openshaw, Head of Electronics and Engineering, Sunseeker International
- Kevin Jones, Executive Dean, Faculty of Science and Engineering, University of Plymouth
- Ken Wittamore, Founder of Triskel Marine
- Deborah Greaves, Head of School of Engineering, Computing and Mathematics, University of Plymouth
- Commodore Steve Jermy, Executive Chair, Wave Hub
- Alasdair Ambroziak, Head of Policy and Government Relations, Thales UK
- Martin Sutcliffe, Dorset County Council and Chair of SW Aquaculture Network
Contributions from the ports, leisure marine and services sectors will also be provided.
The event is targeted toward Westminster parliamentarians, local government leaders, Whitehall officials and LEP Executives. As such it is ‘invitation only’ but if you have a interest in the meeting, please get in touch to discuss attending as an observer.
To register visit: https://maritimeuk.org/priorities/environment/road-netzero/south-west-england/