The first of six supply chain seminar events hosted by the TIGER project, a €45m project funded by Interreg France (Channel) England will be held on 9th July 9.30 – 11.30.
The first event will be focused on subsea cables & connectors and aims to drive cross-sector supply chain capability and innovation into the development of world leading tidal energy projects.
This event will hear from leading tidal energy deployments with presentations from technology developers at the coal face of industrial innovation.
- TIGER & OPIN introductions
- MeyGen– Subsea Cables; Lessons learnt and future arrays – Fraser Johnson O&M Manager
- Orbital Marine Power’s O2: The most powerful, technologically advanced tidal turbine in the world – Mark MacCarthy
- Sabella subsea assets: What we have learnt and future supply chain requirements – Erwann Nicolas, Engineering Manager
- Synaptec’splatform for electrical protection: Subsea asset management – Tom Morley Business development
This event will introduce supply chain to the challenges and opportunities within the tidal and offshore energy sectors.
Q&A sessions will provide attendees the opportunity to engage with leading technology developers and hear about upcoming procurement opportunities and potential R&D collaborations.
In the UK alone, the tidal industry is predicted to generate £1.4bn and 4,OOO jobs by 2030. Worldwide, the ocean energy industry is predicted to be worth £76 billion by 2050, outstripping growth and export potential in most other sectors.
TIGER aims to drive growth in tidal stream energy by installing up to 8 MW of new tidal capacity at sites in and around the Channel region of France and the UK, driving innovation and the development of new products and services.
To register for the first online event please visit